CD5Tuner Forums  

Go Back   CD5Tuner Forums > Parts and Performance > Suspension
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suspension Stiff stuff, stoppers, and rollers.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Merces Letifer

Default 5 lug conversion parts list.

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for your actions shall you damage your car due to the inability to read instructions. This shall be done with your own risk.

This writeup is solely aimed for 5th gen owners who want to get rid of the 4 lug setup for a 5 lug setup.

5 lug conversion parts list (OEM big brake upgrade):
  • 1995-98 Honda Odyssey / Isuzu Oasis front knuckles
  • 1995-98 Honda Odyssey / Isuzu Oasis lower ball joints (5th gen Accords are also interchangeable)
  • 1995-98 Honda Odyssey / Isuzu Oasis front hubs and wheel bearings
  • 1991-1995 Acura Legend GS front rotors
  • 1991-2005 Acura NSX front calipers and pads (including brackets)
  • 1997-2001 Honda Prelude rear hubs with rear spindle nuts
  • 1997-2000 Acura Intergra Type R rear rotors
  • 1994-1997 Honda Accord rear pads (EX)
  • A set of 5 lug wheels with a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern
  • 20 lug nuts
  • Rotor screws

If you already have rear disc brakes you should be all set. Everything bolts up as it should. If you have a rear drum setup then I would highly suggest converting the rear drums to rear disc setup, although I haven't found anyone who has written a full writeup about how to do that specific conversion a simple search on the web should yield some results.

The list I provided above is aimed towards those who want to upgrade their brakes to a two piston setup via NSX calipers. For those on a budget who don't want the NSX calipers the list remains the same below except for the list a high lighted:

5 lug conversion parts list :
  • 1995-98 Honda Odyssey / Isuzu Oasis front knuckles
  • 1995-98 Honda Odyssey / Isuzu Oasis lower ball joints (5th gen Accords are also interchangeable)
  • 1995-98 Honda Odyssey / Isuzu Oasis front hubs and wheel bearings
  • 1995-98 Honda Odyssey / Isuzu Oasis front rotors
  • 1997-2001 Honda Prelude VTEC calipers and pads (including brackets)
  • 1997-2001 Honda Prelude rear hubs with rear spindle nuts
  • 1997-2000 Acura Intergra Type R rear rotors
  • 1994-1997 Honda Accord rear pads (EX)
  • A set of 5 lug wheels with a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern
  • 20 lug nuts
  • Rotor screws

The companies that refurbish calipers are: Morse and Cardone. You can usually find these vendors through CarQuest only, unless you can get lucky and find a family owned shop (like I did) and found a complete set. If you also do this conversion I would highly suggest replacing the brake master cylinder just to be on the safe side.

To locate used parts I used www.car-part.com which becomes really handy when trying to source parts for your Honda. It outlines the prices and gives you the closest junkyard within your vicinity.

Even though price ranges can vary just expect to drop around a range of $500 to $590 for this conversion.

::::Pictures of how to install the parts will come in at a later date so check in often for updates::::
WS2 Exhaust

HONDA. The power of dreams.

Last edited by Accrdkid; 09-29-2008 at 05:54 AM..
Old 02-28-2009, 07:27 AM

Im looking to do this very swap. Im not going to be able to install it until summer break from school... but i am going to get the parts in the next few weeks. My question is... can you get a majority of these parts from an Acura CL (i think it is)? I get a employees discount on Acura parts... so i would like to find out if i can get as many of these through Acura as possible.

I also see no mention of axles... so i can buy new 94 Accord EX axles and there is no fitment issue? Thanx for any additional info you can provide. Once i have ordered everything... i can provide actual part #'s for this if you like... even pix? LMK!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:19 AM

Ok. Odyssey front knuckle/hub/bearing assy. Prelude rear knuckle/hub/bearing assy. Prelude VTEC front AND rear caliper/bracket assy? (list doesnt specify) Odyssey front rotors, and ITR rear rotors. Im lookin to put a parts list together with part #'s so i can order.... im psyched!

I already have wheels... just some stockies off of my 05 EP for now. Seen anyone with these to know if the offset fits? I also have 06 SI stockies that have a slight difference in offset...

...thanx again!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:06 PM

you can use integra type-r front galipper and prelude 98+front disk
Old 03-03-2009, 12:45 AM

Thanx for the info! Anyone else with more input? Come one guys... i got the cash today! Questions needing answers! I need to know what i order will work! Thanx!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:38 AM

i just replaced my old BB6 knuckles with a pair of knuckles from an RA1 (similar with RA2, RA3, RA4)

the thing is, the lower balljoint off the RA1 fits the lower arm of the CB/CD, but BB6 balljoint doesnt.

the knuckles came complete with the arm assembly, rotors and CALIPERS.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 AM

Good info! Did you get your complete assemblies from a salavage yard or a parts store chain? Also, did you USE the new arm assembly, or swap out the balljoints? I wondered why (if?) complete 97+ Prelude parts (assemblies?) couldnt be used, since the Accord and Prelude were so much the same.

I have all but given up on this for lack of confirmation on some questions posted above. Ordering parts online can be a bad thing when it comes time to put them on and you find out they dont fit and need to be returned... and your car is in 100 pieces. I dont like doing the work more than once, and would like to avoid that scenario if at all possible. lol

Last edited by Ba82Ep3; 03-08-2009 at 11:14 AM..
Old 03-09-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
Good info! Did you get your complete assemblies from a salavage yard or a parts store chain? Also, did you USE the new arm assembly, or swap out the balljoints? I wondered why (if?) complete 97+ Prelude parts (assemblies?) couldnt be used, since the Accord and Prelude were so much the same.
I bought mine at the local JDM j-yard/chop shop we have here in Malaysia.

I used the whole arm assembly, but retained my BB6 calipers, since I am confident of them not being jammed up.

I had to swap to the RA knuckles, because my BB6 knuckles were damaged in a past incident whereby my lower balljoint snapped on the freeway. The hole to place the rack end was damaged, causing freeplay to my steering (and handling up to a point)

The BB6 arm requires a different balljoint (larger), but that balljoint will not fit the CB/CD lower arm, hence some modifications are required;
a) making a sleeve for the CB/CD balljoint to fit into the BB6 knuckle journal
b) welding the damned balljoint (bad idea)
c) making a hole large enough for the BB6 balljoint to fit into the CB/CD lower arm.

The RA1 knuckle is a direct swap to the CB/CD, even the balljoint doesnt need any replacing, straight swap.

oh, and you also get the added advantage of a rotor-over-hub setup as well.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Merces Letifer

In case you guys are searching for parts you can use car-part.com to browse local junkyards in your area and get a price...normally it will be posted on the site but often times you would have to call them.
WS2 Exhaust

HONDA. The power of dreams.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:31 AM

Default Other thought's

It seems all of the items listed here are for the I4 rear conversion, and not for the V6 model which has a larger spindle than that of the I4. 36mm to 32mm for the I4, any one have any idea as to the size of hub that can be used here?